- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Science in Social Work, University of Texas at Austin
- Grief and Loss Institute, Adelaide, Australia
- EMDR Basic Training
- EMDR International Association, Member
- Certified Positive Discipline Parenting Educator
- Board Approved Supervisor for LMSW's seeking LCSW
- National Association of Social Workers, Member
Doran Oatman, LCSW has lived in Austin for 17 years and has been in the social work practice for 12 years. After finishing the last semester of her Master's in Clinical Social Work in Adelaide, Australia, she returned to the States and entered into the field of child welfare. She then became an elementary school therapist and finally settled into the field of grief, loss and trauma as the Bereavement Coordinator of a Hospice. Doran has enjoyed her work in private practice and with her children and families experience, she is now teaching parenting classes. Doran has provided workshops on Grief in the Foster Care System, Children and Grief, Complicated Grief and created a 10 hour Bereavement Facilitator Support Group Training.
To set up an appointment or schedule a speaking engagement, contact Doran Oatman at email@example.com or call 512-843-0436.